Friday, February 8, 2013

Second Life of my Jean's Skirt

Let's take up the hem


I had a 36 inches long jean's shirt that was collecting dust in my closet and seemed that I did not want to give it away. I bought the jean's skirt 10 years ago and after all that time I could still wear it. So, I decided to give a new look to the shirt by making it shorter. It is fashionable right now with a pair of leggings and living in Colorado, a jean's shirt cannot be outdated with a pair of nice boots...



Before - 36 inches long
After - 20 and 1/2 inches long




Time: It is a perfect afternoon project for nap time.

Difficulty: Easy

Materials: Skirt and brown thread

______________________________________


Project Description:

It is pretty straight forward. After you have decided of the length that you are comfortable with (just above the knee for me) cut the extra piece of fabric. I left around 1 inch for the hem which I folded in half.

Tips: If you are working with an existing piece of clothing keep everything uniform such as the color of the thread, width of the hem, and stitch length



Happy New Wardrobe!
Laetitia


No comments:

Post a Comment