|Protein Bread with Fax Seeds on Top|
This recipe makes 1 loaf (18 slices).
Each slice would be around 65 calories with 1.33g of fat, 8.75g of carbohydrates, 2.02g of fibers, and 3.92g of proteins.
- 1 cup of warm water (between 100 to 110 Degree Fahrenheit)
- 1 T of dry yeast
- 1 t sugar
- 1/2 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/4 cup gluten flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 t salt
- Milk to brush the top of the bread
- 1 t flax seeds
1. Combine the following ingredients to the warm water: yeast, sugar, and vinegar. Stir and let it set for about 5 minutes.
2. In a bowl, stir in the flours and salt.
3. Pour the yeast/water combination to the flours and mix to get a stiff dough.
5. Sprinkle some whole wheat flour to your clean countertop and knead the dough for a good 5 minutes until you get a soft dough to the touch.
6. Place the dough in a oily bread pan and let it rise for 3 hours in a warm place or over night in the fridge. For tips about rising bread, check Laetitia's Rosemary Bread.
|Ready to Go in the Oven!|
8. Preheat the oven at 325 degree Fahrenheit and bake for 30 minutes or so.
9. Remove the bread from the pan and let is cool down on a cooling rack.
What do I think of the recipe?
The bread has a nice golden brown color all around, a light crunch at the first bite, and enjoy the crunchiness on each side of the bread.You will feel it on the same day as you bake the bread. The texture of the bread is condensed as expected because it is homemade. However the bread is light, soft and slightly moist. The bread has a strong earthy flavor.
Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack,