|A Delicious Buckwheat Bread!|
- 1 T yeast
- 1 and 1/8 cups of buckwheat
- 1 and 3/4 cups of all purpose flour + around 1/2 cup for kneading
- 2 T molasses
- 4 T butter
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup milk + some to brush the top of the bread
1. Melt the butter with the milk, and molasses and let it cool down until you reach a temperature of 105 degree.
2. Pour yeast to the milk mixture and sprinkle just a pinch of white sugar. Let it set for 10 minutes.
2. Grease a bread cooking pan with spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the 2 flours and salt and mix well.
4. Pour the beaten egg in the flour and gradually pour the milk/yeast mixture. Make sure to stir well.
The dough should be slightly sticky at this point.
5. Sprinkle some white flour on your kitchen counter top and start kneading the dough for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes the dough felt nice and soft and kept kneading until I reach the 10 minute mark. I did not had anymore flour as well because it was not needed.
6. Put the dough in the greased pan
7. Cut the top of the bread with a knife.
|The signature of the baker|
Tip: To rise my dough, I place it in the oven (off) with the light on and with a steaming cup of almost boiling water.
9. Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
10. Brush the top with some milk.
|After rising over 2 hours|
12. Cool on a baking rack and serve.
|A Perfect Loaf|
Happy Baking, :-)