Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Fun Halloween Cross Stitch Bag Project



"Tricks or Treats!"?! Is it a trick?


Several weeks ago, I went to a free workshop titled "Make and Take Studio: Learn to stitch" at my local library and came home with a nice Halloween cross stitch kit to make a Trick or Treat bag.

It was the first time that I was sticking on cork linen. Until now, I have being doing my cross point using white Aida fabric. It was nice to cross stitch over 1 and 2 threads of linen with 1, 2 and 3 plies of thread, and sewing props (buttons). I will definitively do another stitching project using cork linen.

The Stitching part was easy and fast. It took me a week and half to complete the project. However, the assembling part was a bit more challenging. I was glad I have made some bags before when it came to make the bottom of the cork linen. The instructions only offered 2 drawings with a lot of written direction. I am more of a visual learner , so I would have rather more real pictures. I will try to remember this point for later tutorials ;-).

This beautiful bag is now on the mental of our fireplace with the rest of the Halloween decoration.

The cross stitch kit is called "Spiders 'N Bones - Tricks or Treats Bag" from The Drawn Thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment