Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dr Seuss Mobile





"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the THINKS you can think up if only you try."

From Oh, the THINKS You Can Think, by Dr Seuss




Project: Dr Seuss Mobile for our little guy's bedroom



Dr Suess's Mobile finally came to life and I love it!!! 
For this project, I used a wood hoop (49 inches in diameter) that I sanded a bit before painting to remove the little piece of wood. I used acrylic paints to complete the mobile. For the outer wood hoop, I applied some white paint all around and let it dry. Then I painted several times over the white with some red, let it dry and did the same process for the black paint. The black paint was used  to paint the bottom edge of the hoop as well. The inner wood hoop was painted in light blue on the outside of the ring and white on the bottom to provide some contact.
The colorful wood hoop was varnished. Afterward, a hole was made in the ceiling to put a white ceiling hook to hang the mobile. I tilled some red ribbons of 1/4 inch on the hoop at 4 different spots to provide a nice balance to attached the Dr Seuss Christmas ornaments. I used some red, yellow, orange, black and white ribbons, keeping the same width as the red ribbons. For the ornament in the middle, I directly secured it from the hook to give more depth to the mobile.



No comments:

Post a Comment