Monday, September 24, 2012
Honey-Walnuts Bread (no yeast bread)
- 100g Honey
- 100g Walnuts
- 250g Whole Wheat Flour
- 1t Salt
- 2t Baking Powder
- 5/8 Water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a round pan with canola oil.
3. Crush half of the walnut very finely to obtain a powder and crush the other half coarsely using a hammer.
4. Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and walnuts.
5. Warm up the honer for 25 seconds or so in the microwave and mix it with the water.
6. Combine the honey/water to the flour mixture and stir until all the ingredients are all incorporated.
7. Shape the dough into a round around 2 inches thick in your round pan.
8. With a knife make a cross in the round dough.
9. Cook for 20 minutes.
What do I think about this recipe?
The texture of the bread is soft with a touch of sweetness. You would almost compare the taste and texture as a brioche. It is that good!
Recipe inspired from The River Cottage Bread Handbook by Daniel Stevens